of Information Systems and Analytics (ISA)
Farmer School of Business
800 E. High St. Oxford, OH 45056
jayshan at miamioh dot edu
in Business Administration and Operations Research (Major in
Information Systems, Minor in Statistics), Penn State
in Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong , 2003
in Computer Science, Nanjing University (China), 2000
- ISA245 Database Systems and Data Warehousing (Fall 2018)
- @ University of Cincinnati (2013-2018)
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- IS7036 Data Mining
for Business Intelligence
- IS8080 Independent Study on 1) Text Analytics, 2) Big Data Analytics, 3)
Social Media Analytics
- @ Manhattan College (2011-2013): CIS 110 Introduction to Infortion System,
CIS 227 Business Statistics, BUAN 327 Advanced Business Statistics
State (2006-2011): MIS 434 Internet Technology & E-commerce
Information Security Management
Business Process Analytics
- Wenqi Zhou, Zhe Shan, Georgiana Craciun: No One Trusts Emotional Women?
Measuring the Impact of Discrete Emotions on Review Helpfulness. Accepted and
nominated for Best Paper Award by the
17th Pre-ICIS Workshop on e-Business (WeB 2018), Nov 2018.
- Dong-Gil Ko, Feng Mai, Zhe Shan, David Zhang (in alphabetical order): The
impact of operational efficiency on patients' satisfactory (short name). Under
2nd-round review, Nov 2018.
- Smruti Deoghare, Zhe Shan, Katherine Blondon, Danny T.Y. Wu: EHR Navigation
and Healthcare Safety (short name). Under revision for invited resubmission, Nov 2018.
- Rong Liu, Feng Mai, Zhe Shan, Ying Wu (in alphabetical order): Predicting
insider trading (short name), Under revision for invited resubmission, Nov 2018.
- Jingguo Wang, Zhe Shan, Manish Gupta, H. Raghav Rao: A Longitudinal Study of Unauthorized Access Attempts on Information Systems: The Role of Opportunity Contexts. Accepted by MIS Quarterly, Aug 2018.
Mai, Zhe Shan, Qing Bai, Xin Wang, Roger Chiang:
How does social media impact Bitcoin value? A test of the silent majority hypothesis. Journal of
Management Information Systems, 35(1), 19-52, Mar 2018.
- Zhe Shan, Akhil Kumar: Optimal Adapter Creation
for Process Composition in Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Communication.
ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 3(2), 1-33, July
- Rong Liu, Roman Vaculin, Zhe Shan, Anil Nigam,
Frederick Wu: Business Entity-Centric Real-Time Performance
Monitoring, 9th International Conference on Business Process
Management (BPM '11), Aug-Sep 2011.
- Dickson K. W. Chiu, Qing Li, Patrick C. K.
Hung, Zhe Shan, S. C. Cheung, Yu Yang, Matthias Farwick: Service
Composition and Interaction in a SOC Middleware Supporting Separation
of Concerns with Flows and Views. Journal of Database Management,
22(2), 32-63, April-June 2011.
- Liangjie Zhang, Zhe Shan, Zhihong Mao: An
optimal-control-based decision-making model and consulting methodology
for services enterprises. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management,
57(4), 607-619, November 2010.